PARKWAY HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETIC HALL OF FAME
purpose of the Parkway Athletic Hall of Fame is to recognize
individuals who have distinguished themselves in the field of athletics,
by virtue of athletic performance on athletic teams, or by meritorious
nominee will be considered for induction into the Parkway Athletic Hall
of Fame, ten years after their class graduation and/or one year after
completion of employment with Parkway Local Schools.
2) Nominees must have demonstrated good citizenship and meritorious service to Parkway Schools.
3) The nominee must have excelled in the field of athletics as a performer, coach, administrator, or other worthy contributions.
committee (11 members) shall consist of the Athletic Director, High
School Principal, one board member, three head coaches, one current high
school teacher, three community members, and one member of the Parkway
2) The selection committee shall be chaired by the Athletic Director.
for Hall of Fame consideration shall be in writing and on the official
nomination form, which is available in the Parkway Athletic Office upon
and on the Parkway Local Schools website. Nominations may be
originated by any member of the Parkway community, Parkway alumni,
family members or interested persons.
2) All nominations should be sent to the Parkway Athletic Director, 400 Buckeye St., Rockford, Ohio 45882.
3) Once nominated the candidate will remain under consideration for ten years.
4) Nominations are due by September 30th each year.
5) The first year seven nominees will be inducted. Each year after no more than three nominees will be inducted.
Athletic Director will review nominations and compile accurate
information which will be distributed to the selection committee prior
to meeting in November.
7) The Selection Committee will meet in November to vote on inductees into the Parkway Hall of Fame.
8) All eleven members of the Selection Committee must be present at the November meeting.
selection committee will meet in November and individually arrange
nominees’ names in order of preference. The top three (except for the
initial year which will be seven) will be placed on a second ballot and
voted on individually. A 2/3 approval of the selection committee is
needed for acceptance into the Parkway Hall of Fame.
time of induction into the Parkway Hall of Fame shall be during
halftime of a home boys’ basketball game in January or February.
inductee will receive a plaque bearing his/her likeness as well as a
written dialogue documenting his/her accomplishments. A duplicate plaque
will be added to the existing Hall of Fame Plaques displayed at the
inscription shall read: “In recognition of outstanding athletic
accomplishments, honor and service to Parkway Schools; the names and
likenesses of those so honored and forever enshrined in the Parkway Athletic Hall of Fame”.
4) The Athletic Director will handle all arrangements for the ceremony and banquet to be held after the game.